Monread Counselling & Psychotherapy - Company Message
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Is this what depression really looks like?
Listening..to be listented
#StPatricksDay2015
#DrSeussDay
#DrSeussDay Boredom

Most Popular Posts

27th May - Physical Needs
14th January - Resourceful
3rd December - Self-Discipline
Daily Affirmations for the Inner Child by Rokelle Lerner - 16th March - Adolescence
11th June - Identity

Categories

Daily Affirmations for the Inner Child by Rokelle Lerner
Mental Health Ireland
Twitter & Facebook accounts
Welcome
powered by

My Blog

14th September - Sexuality

14th September - Sexuality

I can ask for affection without being sexually provocative.

I can ask for affection without being sexually provocative. My need for love and warmth is not tied to my sexual desires. I do not have to sleep with people in order for them to be my friends. I have a right to be held and nurtured without "paying" for it by making love.

In the past, I could never seem to get closer to someone without being sexual. Hugs and kisses automatically meant sex and I went along with it, not knowing any other way to get what I needed. The emptiness I felt would temporarily be soothed by sexual encounters. But I wound up feeling shameful and unsatisfied.

Now I can drop the lure of sex and ask for what I really need: love, affection, warmth, closeness. I deserve to be loved unconditionally.

Affirmations for the Inner Child - Rokelle Lerner

9 Comments to 14th September - Sexuality:

Comments RSS
Sexy Lingerie on 03 October 2013 07:19
So true of you while pointing out the warmth and depth of the issue. The subject matter was a sensitive one which bounds one to have a thought on it for a while.
Reply to comment

J Wilson on 06 January 2014 21:28
Thank you for your kind comment. This is my first blog and I am taking each calendar day's excerpt from Rokelle Lerner's book "Daily Affirmations for the Inner Child" (well I am trying my best to when I can). It is linked to the Inner Child Therapy which was devised by Penny Parks as a counselling treatment of adult survivors of child sexual abuse, but can be used for in therapy for all forms of childhood abuse. Sexuality will be a theme throughout many of the days of the year's affirmations in the book.

Sydney escorts on 16 December 2013 08:58
When you love someone then sex is the expression for your partner that how much you love him or her.so romance comes first to give a spark in love relationship.
Reply to comment

advice for natural penis enlargement on 19 December 2013 10:00
We are not used to blogs and in reality liked your blog on topic Sexuality. I'll search for your web blog and keep viewing you. I absolutely should give you thanks with regards to writing your web web site.
Reply to comment

Vardenafil on 29 March 2014 18:38
The information you have provided is amazing. I was seeking such type of content since long but eventually today my search is over and all thanks to you. Your blog is not only informative but helpful too. one time afresh thanks. It is not only informative but also very important for all of the people. Now i share a good information about Vardenafil!! For details info please visit our site...
Reply to comment

live ebony cams on 04 May 2014 23:11
Sexuality is wonderful. One must not waste it in bad engagement. Try some sex cams for the best experiences.
Reply to comment

tsstream on 04 May 2014 23:13
Good sexual life can bring ultimate happiness. Good practices should be contained.
Reply to comment

vibrators for sale on 06 May 2014 08:34
Great piece of writing on 14th September - Sexuality, I really liked the way you highlighted some really important and significant points. Thanks so much, I appreciate your work.
Reply to comment

www on 28 August 2014 16:48
However, continually give some thought to lots of the options available after which it simply find the ideal treatment in your case We are helpful these sharp �claws� where to hold some sort of hat, which often currently
Reply to comment